- Patience - Winter can be hard on our lawns and Spring can tease us with early warmth followed by colder spells so be be patient, once soils reach the right temperature the grass will respond.
- Debris - Make sure any fallen debris is removed from the lawn as anything that stops sunlight getting to the grass will hinder its growth.
- Mowing -As growth returns its essential to get into a regular routine, continue to mow at a sensible height, lowering gradually and increasing the regularity of the cut as as growth rates increase, it is also important to ensure the mower blade is sharp and that you do not cut more than 1/3rd of the plant in any one cut.
- Aeration & Scarification - Spring is a great time to improve the soil conditions and aeration is a great was of doing that, best to get this done before the risk of dry weather, scarification cleans out the sward and prunes lateral growth which means a heathier lawn through the spring and summer.
- Disease - Whilst our treatments help the grass resist disease keep an eye out for any unexpected changes and email a picture of call if you are concerned
- Repairs Once temperatures are good you may consider applying seed to any areas that have suffered over the winter months, simply rake an area, seed, cover with soil or dressing and make sure that seed stays moist.
- Weeds - Different weed species respond to different conditions and temperatures so you can see germination at different times depending how spring progresses
- Pests - Keep an eye our for any evidence of pest damage, leatherjacket grubs, in particular come nearer the surface as the soil warms, call us if you are concerned.